The Powell River Climbing Co-op is a grass roots, not for profit community cooperative gym. We are currently fundraising and nearing construction.
About the Co-Op and the Indoor Climbing Gym
Imagine this: a place for Powell Riverites of all ages – children, youth, and adults – to gather, get fit, and have fun during the dreary winter months?
The climbing gym is so close to being a reality for Powell River… but we still need your help!
Who We Are & What We Want To Do For You
- A place for Powell Riverites to socialize and gather around a healthy activity, especially in the winter months
- A place for Powell Riverities to get fit in a fun way
- A place to grow the Powell River climbing community, which will lead to the development of our outdoor climbing, which will attract tourism to the town
The plan is to build a modest indoor climbing gym in the Townsite, with two separate forms of climbing.
We Can Do This, But Not Without You!
As of August 2016, the climbing wall has finished being constructed! (click here for pics)
However, we still have many costs to cover before we can open the doors. So we still need your help! If you want this … for yourself, for your kids, for the community … then let’s go all the way and make it happen!
- The Project Progress page to find out more details of where we are in the process
- The Our Planned Facility page to learn more details about the planned facility
- The How You Can Help page to find out what you can do to help us open the doors